Monday, June 2, 2014

June Currently! on Carol's Teaching Garden


Woo-hoo! It’s finally June! That means it’s time for Farley’s Currently! I was cracking up inside as I read her post today, as my life has some things in common with hers. 



Both our sons like to play with their Star Wars light sabers in the house. Unfortunately, my Michael terrorizes the dog (although he doesn’t mean to) with his light saber battles. It’s probably because nobody else will let my son pretend to skewer them.

It can be difficult to get Michael to calm down for bed at night, but right now he’s quiet. It’s the middle of the afternoon and I don’t hear a sound except for the whir of the air conditioning. It’s supposed to be 86 degrees today, and I don’t “do” temperatures above 75 degrees. They make me turn purple (no, seriously, they do) and I just don’t like that. Unless I’m at a water park with my kids (Splash Country, anyone?), I stay inside on hot humid days.

Since the kids are out of school, I get the joy of relaxing and cuddling with them on the couch. There’s no nagging about homework, no assignments to grade, and no observations for which to plan. Ahhhh!

Last night I was scrolling through Facebook when I noticed that an old friend I haven’t seen in years had moved back to California with his kids. He’d been out of the state for years, but life events had taken a bad turn, so he had moved back. I got some bad news when I messaged him, so I’m feeling badly and praying for him now.

My son must have seen the look on my face, because suddenly he came over to where I was typing on my computer, exclaimed, “Hello, Mom-oh!” and proceeded to crawl over my legs to get into the space between the couch and side table, before scrunching himself down into the space between.  When I asked him what he was doing, he replied, “Just being weird, to make you smile!” I have to admit, it worked. :D

I’m itching for a snack, and the one I really want is even (somewhat) healthy. Lately I’ve really been craving strawberry shortcake, without the shortcake. I take strawberries, cut them/mash them up, add some sugar, put the mixture into a small bowl, cover it with whipped cream, and devour. Unfortunately, my kids loved the whipped cream all by itself, and I wasn’t able to keep it in the house for very long. When the two large containers I bought disappeared in two days (without ANY being consumed by moi) I decided to send up the white flag and (try to) forget it.

Instead, my attention turned to my feet. After a long, cold winter they have finally come out of hibernation, and although I’ve taken a pumice stone to them several times since they came out of their boots, they still need a nice pedicure with a pretty polish, including a delicate flower on each big toe.

What are you doing on this lovely June day? I’d love to hear about it! Please tell me in the comments! Have a lovely day!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...