Friday, June 13, 2014

Designing My Business Cards for the Conference

Part of advertising my TpT store at the teaching conference would involve giving out my business cards. Since I didn’t HAVE any business cards yet, I knew this would be a problem!

First, I browsed through the photos of business cards created by other teacher-sellers on our group’s Facebook page. Since it had been many years since I had even glanced at a business cards, I was surprised by the amount of color on each card, and by how each design was vastly different than those of the other sellers. I also read several posts in which sellers recommended either GotPrint or Vista Print as quality makers of business cards, so I decided to check them out.

I started with GotPrint and found the site was easy to use. They have many stock backgrounds which the user may use free of charge, but there were few font choices. I started with a flowery background, added text boxes for my store information, included my logo and store quote, then saved and posted it to the group FB page.




The response was underwhelming, LOL! The card and fonts were too busy. My next try looked like this:



The group suggested I design the card in a different program (for more design options) before uploading it to the site. Unfortunately, I use PowerPoint to design my products, and the program does not save in a high enough resolution to upload the result for a business card. Another seller offered to take whatever I designed and then complete it in a graphics program.

With this in mind, I decided to start over. My next card was much simpler, but lacked professional polish, and didn’t have my store quote on it. It did, however, have my QR codes. Here it is, front and back:

Third Try, Front

Third Try, Back


No sooner had I posted this latest attempt to the group Facebook page than Catia Dias from Always a Teacher Forever a Mom sent me a message to quickly check my inbox. When I opened my email, I couldn’t believe what I was seeing!

 
Business Card Design by Catia Dias

It was as if Catia read my mind! The new design was perfect, and so professional! I asked if she would mind adding the QR codes for my various websites, which she did! The next email from her contained the design for the back of the card, too! 

Design by Catia Dias


She even checked to make sure the design would work with Vista Print, which it did! I placed my order with Vista Print the same day, and my new business cards were on their way to me a few days later. Thank you, Catia!

Of course, that meant that I needed to get to work on my product book, the largest assignment of all the ones on Jennifer’s list. I’ll write more about that next time. J

Thanks for reading about my adventure! Please take a moment to click on one of the icons below this post to “Like” or “Share” it, or leave a comment or question. I love feedback!

Until next time, have a fabulous week!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...