Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March Currently at Carol's Garden

This is my 100th post, so it's fitting that it should be part of Farley's March Currently. I'm going to write a bit "out of order" from Farley's template, so please bear with me.


I'm going to start with "Loving." Both my teenage children love Japanese anime, which is a style of animation popular in Japan. My daughter was anxious for us to watch a family movie (so difficult to find in theaters or on TV these days!) and convinced me to watch a movie called "Howl's Moving Castle" with them. I have to admit I was a bit reluctant, as I'm not into Pokemon, Undertale, or any of the other anime stories popular with the younger set, but I tried to keep an open mind.

Howl's Moving Castle
This is not a You Tube video, and has not been released in the U.S. yet, as far as I know. We watched it online (dubbed into English, by stars such as Billy Crystal and other well-known Hollywood talent) here. I was pleasantly surprised at how well-made the film was. (The animation is spectacular!) It tells the story of a self-involved magician who learns how to care for others, and that beauty is beyond skin-deep. My daughter loves it because the heroine is strong-willed and kind, always looking for the best in her circumstances, which are often unfair. It's an excellent morality tale, but also cute, and funny, with just enough action to keep my teenage son involved, too.

Crocuses Signal Spring Is Coming!

I am thinking about all the early Spring flowers I keep seeing along my drive, and wanting them to be everywhere. I've seen a lot of crocuses and daffodils, and I can hardly wait to see more. Spring has been such a tease lately. One day we have ice, the next day it's beautiful and warm, with the sun shining and the birds singing. Today we have thunder and pouring rain. I know the rain makes everything green, but I'm ready for winter to be over!

Great Smoky Mountains

Wanting - for my business to become wildly successful so that I can move to the east and retire to my garden and my writing. I miss the Smoky Mountains!

My 7 Social Studies Boards for U.S. and Tennessee History

Needing - to finish uploading all the resource links suggested by our social studies Teacher's Manual. I'm on the last chapter, and I know I will be so glad when I'm done and have all these links in one place. It's kind of like winter, though, because I'm so over it! I want to get back to being creative!


Listening - Rodney Atkins has a song about getting through trials. When everything seems black, keep on moving. There are angels all around to help you get back up on your feet. Just keep on moving and you might get out before the Devil even knows you're there.

What about you? What are you up to "Currently?" Head on over to the link up at Oh Boy Fourth Grade to post your own story. :)
Oh Boy 4th Grade


"See you" next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...