Sunday, June 14, 2015

My Teaching Quirk!

I'm a bit of an actress when I'm teaching. My classroom is my stage, and my students are both my audience and my fellow players.

Anything to Keep My Kids Interested!
One thing my students will tell you about me is that I like to do voices. They love read aloud time in my room, because I really get into character. One time I was reading from the novel Hatchet. I got to the part where the boy wakes screaming for his mother, which I did, quite loudly and urgently. Not only did my kids stay on the edge of their sets, but a parent heard me from outside and came rushing into the room to see what was the matter!

Seeing me get enthusiastic about stories helps my students get involved, too. It's so much more fun to act out what we're reading, and it aids in comprehension, too!

What about you? What's your teaching quirk? I'd love to hear about it! Please leave a comment about it below. :)

Next, check out the link up at I Heart Grade 3.

Weekly Linkup
Thanks for visiting! "See" you next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...