Friday, February 20, 2015

Beauty . . . and Boredom

School was cancelled every day this week. We've had a little bit of snow, but quite a bit of ice, for us anyway. ;-)

Since we live along narrow, twisty, hilly roads in Tennessee, this former California girl does not drive during icy weather. I simply don't have the skills. So, my 12 year-old son, 13 year-old daughter, and I have stayed at home for the past week. Thankfully, we've had enough food, but we're getting to the point where I really need to go shopping.

Mostly, I've been sitting curled up under a blanket on the couch, fluffy black cat on my lap, computer by my side. There's only so much time I can spend working on products one-handed (I MUST pet his majesty kitty as he demands, or else he walks across my keyboard) and checking social media before I am bored out of my mind. Plus, my latest product is almost finished, BUT I need to write the answer key. Uuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnngh! I just can't stand it this late at night, and so I find myself paying attention to this poor little neglected blog, trying to share something beautiful that came out of the cold weather. And here it is . . .



My son came in bursting with excitement one morning during the storm. He wouldn't stop jabbering about all the birds flying around outside, and insisted I come out to see.



I insisted on finishing my breakfast, but finally I consented to go out in the cold. I expected to see a flock of nondescript birds in the trees, but what I saw amazed me.



Everywhere around us, they flew, streaks of fire through the snowflakes, cranberries swirling mist-like through the frozen air before bursting like spring-time flower buds onto ice-enshrouded tree limbs.



Spring is coming in a couple months, but the robins decided to come early to the party. :-)



post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...