Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Carol's Teaching Garden July Currently

Can you believe it’s already July? When I opened the front door this morning I was hit by a hot wave of sauna-humid air. The weatherman said that today would be a typical warm and humid July summer day. That means it’s time to join Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month’s Currently.



Listening: “Rampart, this is Squad 51…” Do you know these words? During these dog days of summer we have started watching “MeTV” and the old-time shows on the channel. “Emergency” is a show from the 1970’s about paramedics. At some point during every episode the stars utter this famous phrase when they are talking to the doctors at the hospital about the patient in front of them on the street.

Loving: taking care of my neighbor’s three kitties while she’s playing violin for the symphony orchestra in AUSTRIA for two months this summer! I’ll be sending pictures of her babies to her, while she’ll be sending pictures of Europe to us!

Thinking: about the chocolately piece of gooey yumminess that is chocolate lava cake, which I ate AFTER two large pieces of pepperoni pizza. Oh, my stomach! Worth every bite, though. :D

Wanting: with all this hot, muggy weather, I daydream about being on an inner tube, floating slowly down a cool southern river.

Needing: with my children fighting over computer time on my laptop, I think I’ve been far too easygoing about letting them monopolize my machine. My son seemed to understand when I explained that TpT is part of our income, and I need to get back to work making products. My daughter on the other hand…

4th Plans: I don’t know. I would love to take the kids to one of the local fireworks displays on the 4th of July, but I’m not sure yet. Last year it poured rain from a summer thunderstorm, and we get a lot of those around here. Today is the first time in a week that we haven’t had a sudden downpour.

What about you? What are you doing on the 4th of July? I’d love to hear about it!

Have a wonderful week!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...