Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Currently! at Carol's Teaching Garden

I love Oh Boy 4th Grade's Currently! http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/ I can tell that she's tired of standardized testing (Aren't we all?) and is looking forward to the end of the year. It's not that we teachers don't love our students. We do! It's just that it seems like there's less and less teaching and more and more testing going on in our classrooms. We're over it and the kids are over it, too!

That's why I look forward to the class time AFTER testing. Then I can relax and enjoy my students. We have our grade level play and picnic, hands-on science rotations from room to room, and a field trip. So here's my April Currently!




For this month's "Currently" you might wonder who Spotted Pelt is. You might think she's a mouse, or maybe even a guinea pig, but she's not. She starts to squeak softly when she gets her back rubbed, and she grooms her chin in time with the rubbing. Can you guess? Be the first to leave the correct answer in my comments section and receive my Elapsed Time Math Task Cards set FREE! (Make sure to leave your email address, too, so that I know where to send the task cards. :)




For those of you with (soon-to-be) teenage daughters, perhaps you can relate? I love my children more than anything, but it hurts my heart when my daughter throws a temper tantrum and refuses to speak to me for DAYS or even WEEKS sometimes. What do you do when you have adolescent hormones raging in your house?

Next on my list, I love gardening, but I'm afraid of the chiggers! Anyone know how to protect myself from these microscope little fiends?

Of course, I love chocolate! I think it should be its own food group, because sometimes I think I need it to survive! :D What's your favorite kind?

I think the rest is self-explanatory. I hope you've enjoyed reading my "Currently." Don't forget to leave your guess about Spotted Pelt (along with your email address, so I know where to send the task cards. :)

Thanks for reading my "Currently!" Have a wonderful week!
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...