Saturday, May 2, 2015

May Currently with Carol's Garden

It's time to join Farley for her May Currently! I love the purple and black color scheme she has created for this month's blog post. She is so creative!



Whenever I am going through huge changes in my life I have dreams which include tornadoes. I guess they symbolize the sweeping changes I know are coming. That's probably one of the reasons that I love Carrie Underwood's song "Blown Away." After the storm is over, a new day brings the birds and butterflies. Corny, but that's how I feel.



I'm loving all the various birds' songs I hear outside my home. It's like a serenade of springtime.



Speaking of Spring, I love to go outside and hike, as long as the weather isn't too hot. I haven't been in awhile, so my son promised to go with me today. Unfortunately, his tummy is bothering him,  so we will have to go another time.

Ijams Nature Center


I'm craving some Bruster's raspberry chocolate truffle ice cream. I had some a few weeks ago, along with a scoop of strawberry with chocolate shavings. My daughter had something covered in marshmallow cream, but I have something chocolate every time.

From My Instagram Account


Needing to get back to work on my TpT store. There's even a site-wide sale coming up on May 5th and 6th next week!

Photo from Third Grade Thinking


This summer I will continue to teach Adult Education classes at night, plus some additional shifts during the day. As a single mom with two teenagers, I need to work as much as I can to make ends meet.

Right?


I hope to attend a teaching conference in Murfreesboro, TN at the end of July to help exhibit TpT stores. My brother lives close by, so hopefully he could watch my kids while I attend the conference. I just don't know if I will be able to afford the time off work.

I would love to get together with the other TpT sellers this summer, but there is no way I can afford the expense of going to Vegas. My kids are too young to leave by themselves, plus I wouldn't want to be away from them for that long.

Maybe I can scrape up the money to take my children to Dollywood, though. We had a blast when we visited the park three years ago. We especially enjoyed riding the Eagle roller coaster.

Photo of Wild Eagle Roller Coaster from My Pigeon Forge


I hope you've enjoyed reading my May Currently! Please take a moment to leave a comment. :) Then head on over to Farley's Linky and check out the other posts.

Oh Boy Fourth Grade


Have a wonderful month!

"See you" next time!

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...